South Hams CVS Local Supporter's Benefits 2017 - 2018
The South Hams CVS Local Supporter's Package is available to Voluntary and Community Sector organisations, including social enterprises, who are based in the South Hams.
The benefits are applicable to volunteers and staff active within the South Hams on behalf of the supporter organisations. The cost is £20 per annum, dated from when your payment is received, to the renewal date a year later.
Why join South Hams CVS?
Your membership provides essential support for sustaining South Hams CVS into the future. Our annual membership contributions enable us to keep serving the South Hams voluntary community with affordable and reduced fee courses, free forums, and support and advice for your groups, as well as discounts on our meeting room and equipment hire. Your support is essential to our continuing services.
Will you join us?
Your membership helps us to provide these core services year after year:
Monthly Snippets E-Newsletter
Plus an extra funding bulletin to local supporters.
We run a wide variety of training sessions and workshops to help our groups develop and flourish. Training is arranged according to local need and is help in local, accessible venues. You will receive;
- Discounts on South Hams CVS workshops and events
- 25% off Devon Voluntary Action training workshops (maximum 4 discounted places per organisation/year)
- Discount on DeVA conferences
- Discounts on tailored workshops or facilitation for your organisation
Your organisation will be entitled to one to one support from the Group Development Officer to help your group to develop, find funding etc. You can receive;
- Up to 5 hours (an extra 2 hours) of direct support from our Group Development Officer
- Newly forming groups can receive up to 7 hours (an extra 2 hours) of direct support
- Discounted price for additional support for your organisation
- More detailed assistance with funding searches and review of applications
- Involving volunteers
- Governance and management
- An initial Health Check Survey, with follow-up evaluation session in person, by phone or survey
We have a wide variety of resources for groups to hire including laptops, projectors and screens, display boards and flipcharts, along with in-house copying and binding services. We also have a small meeting room with refreshment facilities for hire. Local Supporters can:
- Hire our meeting room for only £5 per hour (seats 8 board room style)
- Receive 50% reduction of South Hams CVS equipment use and loan
- Receive discounted rates on bulk photocopying
- One day hire of a set of display boards for free each year
Promotion and Networking Opportunities
We invite you to send any news snippets that might be of benefit to other community groups (50-70 words) to include in the monthly SHCVS e-newsletter. We can help promote your organisation as well as volunteer opportunities, through outreach events and social media. You will be invited to attend an annual Networking event for Local Supporters alongside the AGM in July.
South Hams CVS Voting Rights
As a Local Supporter your organisation will be entitled to vote at South Hams CVS General Meetings and so influence the way we function. The vote must be cast by a named representative.